Beyonce’s "I am" concert postponed / cancelled?
Will Beyonce’s concert might be cancelled again? They have removed Malaysia from their official site. Stay tuned for more updates before we can confirmed that Beyonce is not coming to Malaysia! So don’t spread anything as of now those rumors in twitters or facebook and so on… for more info read on.
Beyonce’s concert postponed
PETALING JAYA: Fans of American superstar Beyonce Knowles will be disappointed again as the “bootylicious” singer has decided to postpone the Malaysian leg of her I am … Sasha Fierce concert.
The concert, scheduled for this Sunday night at the National Stadium in Bukit Jalil, has been postponed to another date which would be announced soon.
“The postponement is solely the decision of the artiste and has nothing to do with other external reasons,” organisers Marctensia and UCSI Communications said in a statement yesterday.
It’s off for now: Beyonce posing for a photo at a promotional event for Japanese fashion brand Samantha Thavasa in Tokyo in this file picture. — Reuters
Fans who have purchased tickets but could not wait for the announcement of the new date could obtain a refund from Oct 26 to Nov 14 at the Ticket Axcess head office in Petaling Jaya. They can also call for details at 03-7711 5000 or log on to www.axcess.com.my.
The online social network Twitter was abuzz yesterday over whether the concert had been cancelled.
PAS had protested against Beyonce’s performance, citing her “inappropriate dressing” sense.
However, Information, Communi-cations and Culture Minister Datuk Seri Dr Rais Yatim said there was no reason to stop Beyonce from holding her show if she adhered to the regulations.
Source : TheStar
Beyonce: I am…. not coming
PETALING JAYA (Oct 19, 2009) : Beyonce’s first concert in Malaysia scheduled for Oct 25 has been postponed indefinitely.
While concert organisers are going into PR overdrive to contain the situation and look for an alternative date, it emerges that external factors and the artiste’s fickle-minded management have thrown a spanner in the works for Kuala Lumpur to be the Grammy-award winning singer’s first South East Asia date for her “I am …” World Tour.
A statement from organisers Marctensia attributes the postponement to the artiste’s camp, and said ticket holders can obtain refunds between Oct 26 and Nov 14 at the Ticket Axcess head office here.
“The organisers regret to inform you that Beyonce ‘I am …’ concert originally scheduled for Sunday Oct 25 at Bukit Jalil has been postponed to a future date, to be announced shortly,” said the e-mailed statement.
“The postponement is solely decision of the artiste and has nothing to do with other external reasons,” Marctensia said.
However, sources both in Kuala Lumpur and Singapore told theSun that Beyonce’s manager, her father Matthew Knowles, has imposed additional conditions for her to perform here.
“He wants an assurance for her security, including a personal assurance from the government that there will be no terrorists threats or attacks,” said a source.
A government source confirmed this, saying that the Malaysian Government has been very accommodating, where a letter from the Prime Minster’s Department was issued to Beyonce’s management assuring them of her safety.
It is understood that the US$450,000 (RM1.48 million) artiste fee has already been paid to Beyonce to secure her for the show here.
However, it had been revealed in this paper’s Down2Earth column on Oct 2 that there had been attempts by Singapore organisers to get the artiste to perform on the island republic when she was down there last month for the F1 Rocks show.
“They had used the protests against her by PAS to scare Beyonce’s people.
“The Malaysian government has been very helpful in getting the paperwork done to bring her down here. Now we have this,” said a source.
The statement from Marctensia goes on to say that the official postponement statement by Beyonce’s artiste management, Music World will be released this week.
It is learnt that 30,000 tickets have already been sold.
This is the second time that the artiste’s trip here has been scuttled. Last year, she ditched Kuala Lumpur in favour of Jakarta due to the strict dress code imposed by the Malaysian authiorities.
Source : TheSun