Windows Phone 7 “Jailbreak”/Unlock ChevronWP7 is Out – Download now!
Wow… ChevronWP7: Windows Phone 7 unlocker released! Do you know that you can actually jailbreak your Windows Phone 7 as well just like what other ppl did to their iPhone for more apps!
ChevronWP7 unlocks your Windows Phone 7 to allow side loading of applications that wont be allowed in the Marketplace due to access to private APIs. This unlock works for every WP7 device out there and even reverts it back to the locked state making it safe for the end user.
I’m so gonna Jailbreak my HTC HD7 from Maxis10 Reviewers Programme to test it out whether it’s workable or not! Hmm or should I wait longer and see what’s Microsoft is coming out to encounter this?
Windows Phone 7 unlocker released
Today we have an exciting breakthrough for the Windows Phone 7 homebrew community – the ability for anyone to unlock a WP7 device without a Marketplace developer account.
Unlocking allows the sideloading of experimental applications that would otherwise can’t be published to the Marketplace, such as those which access private or native APIs.
We’ve taken the pain out of the process involved and put together a super simple executable that will allow anyone to unlock any WP7 device on the market using a USB cable and just a couple clicks.
This tool is completely safe and reversible for the phone. (The app even allows you to relock the phone.)
v1.0 download mirrors:
If you’re encountering a connection error
* Try download/install the following registry key and restart your machine then try again
* Try disconnecting, reconnecting and restarting the phone device
* Try closing Zune and restarting the “Zune Windows Mobile Connectivity Service” service (WMZuneComm.exe)
* Close any applications that might be using port 443, such as Skype or Trillian
* Please ensure your device has a “full sync” relationship with the Zune client, not a “guest” relationship
* Minimum supported OS: Windows XP SP2
As this is our first release, you may run into issues. Please let us know in the comments if this tool worked/didn’t work for you (with relevant system information).
Expect more goodies/tools to be released in the near future.
We look forward to what the broader community can do with this.
Source : ChevronWP7