TM Net Block Port 25 Mail Proxy Server
Dear Valued Customer,
Telekom Malaysia Berhad wishes to inform its customers about TM’s initiative in combating spam in its Internet Protocol (IP) network to improve our quality of service.
Recently, many anti-spam organizations have blacklisted a large number of IP addresses from TM’s network. Due to this many customers have been unable to send emails from their mail server to companies who might be using database from the abovementioned anti-spam organizations.
These spamming activities by a small group have affected a large number of our customers, regardless of the nature of their Internet usage.
Therefore, TM is taking immediate action to address this issue. Effective 3 December 2007, TM will block OUTBOUND Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) traffic or port 25 for all out going e-mails from dynamic IP addresses. Only Outbound SMTP traffic from smtp.streamyx.com and smtp.tm.net.my will be allowed.
With this implementation, Streamyx customers who have their own mail server will not be able to send e-mails. As an alternative, TM is providing an open relay server for these customers who use dynamic IP addresses. Kindly refer to http://webmail.tm.net.my/info/proxy.html on how to configure your email client in order to utilize the relay server. Alternatively, your e-mail administrators can refer to http://webmail.tm.net.my/info/smtp-proxy.html as a guide to configure your company’s email servers.
Please be assured that TM is proactively taking all possible measures to ensure that these spamming activities do not reoccur in the future. We seek your kind co-operation to implement the necessary security measures to protect your computers that are connected to the Internet from any e-mail abuse, virus infection, spyware and malicious code.
For further enquiries and assistance, email us at [email protected] or call TM at 100 and select ‘Internet Services’. more
TMNet announced that outbound SMTP connections on port 25 will be blocked for Streamyx dynamic IP connections, citing spam control as the reason. No prior notice was given other than an announcement on their website (who will visit them anyway) on the day that it’s scheduled to be implemented. If you are having problem with your email, you should know who’s the culprit and who’s the one to be blamed.
I know bout this because, my college friend sent me an email yesterday mentioning about this and I have to thank him for the information.
TM Net said a large number of IP addresses from its network have been blacklisted by many anti-spam organizations recently, causing its customers to be unable to send emails from their mail server to companies who might be using databases from these anti-spam organizations.
To mitigate the problem, effective yesterday (December 3, 2007), TM decided to block OUTBOUND Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) traffic — or port 25 — for all out going e-mails from dynamic IP addresses. From now on, all outbound SMTP traffic (outgoing emails) must pass through smtp.streamyx.com and smtp.tm.net.my. No second choice.
more from jeffooi.com
So isn’t we have no more privacy by doing this?
From now on, all outbound SMTP traffic (outgoing emails) must pass through smtp.streamyx.com and smtp.tm.net.my. No second choice. Here is the solutions for setting up your email client software:-
SETTING UP EMAIL CLIENT FOR SMTP PROXY
1. Start Outlook Express, click the Tools menu at the top of the window and then click Accounts.
2. When the Internet Accounts window opens click on the Mail tab .Click on mail properties
3. Click on the servers tab. Type smtp-proxy.tm.net.my as outgoing mail.
4. In the Outgoing Mail Server window unchecked My server requires authentication.
5. Click Apply, then click OK. Close the Internet Accounts window.
Microsoft outlook 2003
1. Open Microsoft Outlook and and go to Tools – Email Accounts
2. Click the View or Change existing email accounts option, and click Next.
3. Highlight the type of email accounts you already have configured for Microsoft Outlook
4. Click the Change button. The Internet Email Settings dialog box appears, showing the settings for your existing account. Click the More Settings button.
5. The next Internet Email Settings dialog box appears containing four tabs. Click the Outgoing Server tab. Set outgoing server as smtp-proxy.tm.net.my
6. Unchecked the checkbox for My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
7. Click OK, then Next, then Finish.
Microsoft outlook 2000
1. Start Outlook 2000 then proceed to Tools > Internet Accounts. In the Internet Accounts window, click on your streamyx/ tm.net.my’ account under the Mail tab then select Properties.
2. Select the Servers tab. On this tab make sure the entry for the Outgoing Mail Server is set to smtp-proxy.tm.net.my and that the My server requires authentication box is unchecked
3. Click Apply, then click OK. Close the Internet Accounts window
1. Open Thunderbird Mail. From the Tools menu select Account Settings.
2. At the left pane, select the entry Outgoing Server (SMTP). The Outgoing Server (SMTP) Settings appear on the right.
3. Edit to modify the entry of SMTP server as smtp-proxy.tm.net.my
4. In the User Name box enter your email address.
5. Click the OK button.
1. Open Eudora. From the Tools menu, choose Options.
2. Choose Getting Started from the Category list.
3. In the SMTP Server (Outgoing) field, type smtp-proxy.tm.net.my
5. Uncheck the box next to Allow authentication.
6. Click the OK button.
7. Upon sending an email message, a box will appear prompting for the password to send email.
MAC OS X Mail
1. With Mac OS X Mail Client open, from the Mail menu, select Preferences
2. Select the Accounts option at the top of Preferences
3. Click the Plus (+) sign at the bottom of the screen
4. Click on the Account Information tab at the top and enter the following information:
* Account Type: POP
* Description: Email
* E-Mail Address: Your preferred domain email
* Full Name: Your full name
* Incoming Mail Server: Your domain pop server
* User Name: Your Email Address
* Password: Your Password
* SMTP Server: smtp-proxy.tm.net.my
May 12, 2008
Distruption of streamyx service for about a week in the month of April, 2008. I would like to ask for a rebate regarding the distruption of streamyx service mentioned above.
my account number is B91294-457-0202
tel no: 03-89966253
Please reply as soon as possible.
Sharon Lim Seh Ngoh
12th May 2008
May 28, 2008
I request for waiver of the RM88.00 Streamyx installation fee. Installation and connection was done by me and not En. Mohd Faiz (technician). The long delay in connecting was due to telecom. line problem and nothing to do with my pc. When he came the connection was already done and I did not request for him to come to my house.
May 28, 2008
my account no. D 939126590103 telephone 07 7763564 016 7691919 077760729
May 28, 2008
hi, this is personal blog and I only post about things that benefit to the public but I can’t help you on this. You should call Telekom or email their customer service.