Disappearing Car Door
Have you ever think of this disappearing car door? This is the advantage of technology and to me it’s truly amazing! What say you?
Some advantages of our Retractable Door architecture include:
* Significant improvement in strength, stiffness and lightness of overall structure.
* Applicable to all traditional and modern construction materials.
* Greater safety in door operation and vehicular crash worthiness.
* Access to occupant and/or their escape greatly enhanced is serious crash situations.
* Convenience of power operation.
* Moving doors will stop and reverse if foreign object detected.
* Vehicle floor and belly pan form a box-like structure which greatly enhances body stiffness and strength.
* New geometry of inner and outer sills also contributes to overall structure efficiency and weight savings.
* Passenger doors can be opened and closed safely from driver’s seat via window lift type activation.
* Door cuts need not be absolutely vertical.
* Cannot be ‘parked in’.
* Side mirrors remain in place when door is opened enabling continued observation of traffic from behind.
* Drop door does not swing out endangering other road users or pedestrians.
* No door ‘dings’.
* Less parking or garage space required.
* Compact outer sill reduces ’step over’ during entry and egress.
* Drop door need not be stressed for multiple slams during its life cycle.
* It may be constructed as a modular component with the door frame designed to reintegrate structurally with the main vehicle body.
* 2, 3, 4, and 5-door applications possible for sedans, coupes, wagons, hatchbacks, convertibles, crossover vehicles, SUV’s, trucks, and vans, whether equipped with front, rear or all-wheel drive.
* Converted vehicles for the physically challenged.
* Special vehicles for domestic services and the military.