Rais: Any smartphone for youths is now eligible for RM200 rebate. Government lifts smartphone cap without RM500 ceiling price! - i'm saimatkong
Follow saimatkong @ twitter

Rais: Any smartphone for youths is now eligible for RM200 rebate. Government lifts smartphone cap without RM500 ceiling price!

Written on January 3, 2013 – 9:36 am | by Saimatkong Tian Leong | 3,226 views

Ooh okay, so there’s no RM500 smartphone cap or ceiling price! Good! But problem now is I can’t access www.skmm.gov.my since few days back! How to get the rebate??!

Rais: Any smartphone for youths is now eligible for RM200 rebate without RM500 ceiling price!

Terms & Conditions for RM200 rebate for smartphones

1) You must be Malaysia Citizen within 21-30 years old
2) Monthly income less than RM3000
3) Your smartphone cannot be more than RM500
4) Only entitled for once rebate only
5) Must be subscribed to internet plan by Telco (Maxis, UMobile, YES YTL, Celcom, Digi & Tune Talk)

How to get the RM200 rebate for smartphones?

1) Pre-register @ http://www.skmm.gov.my
2) Print registration slip
3) Verified it at authrised reseller
4) Choose and buy smartphone below RM500 and get the RM200 rebate!

Government lifts smartphone cap

PETALING JAYA: Malaysian youths eyeing new smartphones under the Youth Communications Package scheme had more reason to cheer yesterday as the Government announced the abolition of an earlier ceiling price of RM500 per smartphone.

Information, Communications and Culture Minister Datuk Seri Dr Rais Yatim made the announcement after chairing the ministry’s post-Cabinet meeting yester- day.

“The Cabinet has agreed that youths aged between 21 and 31 years old who earn less than RM3,000 a month are now eligible to enjoy the RM200 rebate on any smartphone, regardless of price, starting this month,” he said in a tweet yesterday.

The package had earlier applied only to smartphones costing up to RM500 and from a designated pool of models.

The package, which is handled by the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC), is offered on a first-come-first-served basis to the first 1.5 million eligible youths.

The plan was announced by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak when tabling Budget 2013 last September, and is meant to give youths better access to the information superhigh- way.

Seven telco companies involved in the rebate scheme are Celcom, Clixster, DiGi, Maxis, Tune Talk, U Mobile and YTL Communications.

In another statement, the MCMC explained that it was compulsory for all parties involved in the implementation of the package to ensure the products were sold at an acceptable price.

It had earlier announced that about 5,500 eligible youths had already applied for the rebate through its website www.skmm.gov.my after pre-registration opened two days ago.

Upon registration, eligible youths will be issued a registration slip, which they must then print out and take to their nearest telco service provider outlet for approval before they can purchase the smartphone of their choice.

Meanwhile, Umno Youth chief Khairy Jamaluddin welcomed the move, thanking the prime minister.

“Cabinet has decided that there will be no price limit for smartphones for the rebate program. Thanks for listening, @NajibRazak,” he tweeted yesterday.

Source : TheStar

The RM500 smartphone ceiling price is abolished

PETALING JAYA: The Cabinet on Wednesday abolished the RM500 smartphone ceiling price for rebate for youths and decided that any smartphone was now eligible for a RM200 rebate.

“The Cabinet has agreed that youths aged between 21 and 31 years old who earn less than RM3,000 a month are now eligible to enjoy the RM200 rebate on any smartphone, regardless of price, starting this month,” said Information, Communications and Culture Minister Datuk Seri Dr Rais Yatim said in a tweet on Wednesday.

Although he did not say why the change was made to the Youth Communications Package rebate scheme, it is widely believed that the announcement comes in the wake of complaints from Netizens that the ceiling price was too low.

The package, which is handled by the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC), is offered on a first-come-first-served basis to the first 1.5 million eligible youths.

The package was announced by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak when tabling Budget 2013 last September, and is meant to give youths better access to the information superhighway.

Seven telco companies involved in the rebate scheme are Celcom, Clixster, DiGi, Maxis, Tune Talk, U Mobile and YTL Communications.

In another statement, the MCMC explained that it is compulsory for all parties involved in the implementation of the package to ensure the products are sold at an acceptable price.

It had earlier announced that about 5,500 eligible youths had already applied for the rebate through its website www.skmm.gov.my after pre-registration opened Tuesday.

Source : TheStar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags: , , ,

Related Posts

Post a Comment

About Me

This blog is a platform for me to write and share my passions: food, travel, gadgets, photography and events.

Facebook | Twitter | +Google | Instagram

Read more...

Want to subscribe?

 Subscribe in a reader Or, subscribe via email:
Enter your email address:  
Google