New Samsung i8510 Innov8 – 1st 8 Mega Pixel Phone!
The first ever 8 Megapixel camera phone “Samsung-INNOV8″
The most up-to-date 8 Megapixel Camera
• The diamond sharp clarity and brilliance that comes only with 8 Megapixel camera
• x9 digital zoom with auto-focus
• Professional photographic technology (Smile / Blink / Auto panorama shot)
Brilliant Video Recording
• QVGA @ 120fps high-speed recording / VGA @ 30fps recording
• Personalizing and editing photos, videos and music with Movie Maker and Story Board applications
• Capture the unexpected moments with Dual Power LED
Premier Pocket theater
• Crystal clear 16M color and 8″ screen display
• Store dozens of DVD quality movies in 16/8 GB internal storage and microSDHC (up to 16GB)
• 3D surround sound effect by DNSe 2.0 technology
Smooth Web Browsing
• Optical mouse for intuitive navigation
• Auto reverse display for landscape view
• Intelligent zoom & seamless webpage shifting
3D Video Game Euphoria
• Two free embedded games : FIFA’08 and Asphalt4
* Asphalt version will be upgraded from Asphalt3 to 4 by’running
• 3D accelerate chip for dynamic game experience
The ergonomic playground
• The most up-to-date Symbian 9.3 / S60 v3.2 OS
• Wi-Fi with DLNA certification / Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP
• Long lasting battery life (1200mAh)
Samsung i8510 INNOV8 at a glance
# 8 megapixel auto focus camera with dual LED flash. Camera functions / modes include Smart Reader, Image Stabilizer, Auto-Panorama Shot, Smile Shot, Blink Shot, Wide Dynamic Range (WDR), and Face Detection. The camera can also capture video at VGA (30 frames per second) and QVGA (120 frames per second) resolutions. There’s also on board software for editing images and videos (Movie Maker and Storyboard applications).
# Dimensions of 106.5 x 53.9 x 17.2 mm. This compares quite favourably with the 103 x 55 x 20 mm dimensions of the N96.
# 2.8 inch, QVGA screen with 16 million colours.
# Integrated GPS with support for A-GPS via S60.
# Integrated accelerometer sensor, which will be used for automatic screen rotation.
# Optical sensor, this takes the form of a touch pad (as on laptops) like control in the centre of the D-pad. It can be used to move around the UI or as for ‘mouse-like’ functionality in the S60 browser. It has been used on a number of previous Samsung products such as the i870.
# 16GB of internal flash memory and a microSD card slot support cards up to 16GB in size (SDHC).
# Support for HSDPA at 7.2 bps (3.5G) connectivity on 900 and 2100 Mhz WCDMA bands, quad band GSM, Bluetooth 2.0 (including A2DP support), WiFi and USB 2 (Full-speed). WiFi will enable DNLA (UPnP) support for audio and video.
# 3.55 mm audio out jack, support for MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA (including DRM), AMR and RealAudio audio formats, stereo FM radio (with RDS) and DNSe audio technology. Digital Natural Sound engine (DNSe) is an audio enhancement technology used across a portfolio of Samsung products and helps to produce higher quality surround sound. On the phone it will likely make an appearance via Music player presets.
# In video playback supported formats include DivX, H.263, H.264, WMV, and MP4. Videos will also tke advantage of DNSe where applicable.
# Runs S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 2
# Will ship with 2 embedded games: FIFA 08 (EA) and Asphalt (Gameloft).
# 1200 mAH battery with quoted talk time of up to 300/510 min (3G/2.5G) and stand-by time up to 330 / 310 hrs (3G/2.5G). That should mean it should last 24 hours easily with moderate to heavy usage.
The Samsung i8510 INNOV8 (previously rumored as Samsung Primera) has a name that seems really hard to pronounce, but in fact it’s the word INNOVATE with some untraditional spelling. The device was launched only recently and it seems it will hit the competitor Nokia N96 and other top range phone.
“Samsung innov8 is made for tech-savvy users who wants to enjoy the best possible multimedia entertainment with their mobile phone. With the 8-megapixel camera, pre-embedded 3D games, high speed data connections and much more other features will help users gain the true benefits of mobile entertainment,” said Geesung Choi, President of Samsung Telecommunication Business.
“ I expect Samsung innov8 to be a revolutionary milestone for Samsung for opening a new era of mobile multimedia,” Mr. Choi added.
So are you getting one for yourself? More details of Samsung Innov8
How much is this new Samsung i8510 Innov8?
Currently it’s selling @ RM2,999 for 8GB & RM3,399 for 16GB, this is the rough figure, you might find it cheaper because phone price drop very fast! Haha…