Apple iOS 4.3 update and available for download
Apple has just released iOS 4.3 for public for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad, iPad 2 and iPod touch 4G, 3G. Apple’s iOS 4.3 brings hotspot function, new AirPlay features, a new version of Safari, and a number of other more minor improvements.
Get even more play out of AirPlay — the wireless technology that lets you stream content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your HDTV via Apple TV.1 In addition to music, movies, and photos, AirPlay now streams video from your Photos app. So you can shoot a home video and instantly share it with everyone in the room. Even AirPlay-enabled apps and websites get the big-screen treatment with iOS 4.3. And if your photos are the feature presentation, you can play a slideshow with all the stunning themes available on Apple TV.
iTunes Home Sharing
Share over the air. Now you can play your entire iTunes library from anywhere in the house. If it’s on your Mac or PC, you can play it on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch over a shared Wi-Fi network.3 And not just music. Watch a movie or TV show. Play a podcast. Or listen to an audiobook. On whichever device you want — without having to download or sync.
iPad Side Switch
Switch it up. Customize the switch on the side of your iPad to lock the screen rotation or mute the volume. So you can lock your iPad display in landscape or portrait. Or quickly go from volume on to volume off. Just configure the side switch in Settings to toggle between your options.
Personal Hotspot for iPhone 4
Get online in more places. On the road, in an airport, at the park — now you can bring Wi-Fi with you wherever you go. Download iOS 4.3 on your iPhone 4, and the next time you find yourself without access to Wi-Fi but in 3G territory, enable Personal Hotspot and share your cellular data connection with your Mac, PC, iPad, or other Wi-Fi-capable device. You can share your connection with up to five devices at once over Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and USB — with up to three of those connections using Wi-Fi.4 Every connection is password protected and secure. And it’s power friendly, too. iPhone detects when your Personal Hotspot is no longer in use and turns it off to save battery life.
Sometime to note before installing new Apple iOS 4.3 Update :
1. AirPlay is compatible only with the second-generation Apple TV.
3. Requires iTunes 10.2.
4. Personal Hotspot requires a supporting hotspot tethering plan from your carrier and works with up to three devices over Wi-Fi, three devices over Bluetooth, and one device over USB.
5. Multitasking is available with apps that have been developed to work with iOS 4.
6. Requires an AirPrint-enabled printer. See http://www.apple.com/ipad/features/airprint.html for a list of compatible printers.
7. Once you create a free Find My iPhone account on your iPhone 4, iPad, or iPod touch (4th generation), you can use your Apple ID and password to enable the same features on your other devices running iOS 4.2 or later.
8. Game Center works with apps that have been developed to work with the Game Center service.