Shine n Shield – PPS Car / Auto Paint Protection
Polarized Paint Protection System (PPS)
WHY PPS sealant can provide the ultimate protection and the showroom shine for your car paint for years to come. Because PPS sealant is not a wax of any kind but a PTFE (Teflon) coating (the same substance that makes non-stick cookwares so slippery and tough that nothing will stick to it and will not crack or melt under extreme temperature) that will fuse and bond to the paint with U.S. patented PPS technology to create a dazzling, wet and deep shine and will stay and remain there to protect the paint against the damaging UV sunray and all other harmful elements for years. PPS sealant will also help to fill up the tiny paint pores, crevices and hairline cracks and smooth out uneven paint surfaces and swirls.
Patented PPS technology is the only permanent protection coating system currently available in the whole world. The PTFE (Teflon) coating is one of the slipperiest substances known to man and it is this slick substance that repels dirt like crazy. The water will always float on the paint surface in the form of beads or water droplets and roll off the surface instead of sheeting off as the treated surface is so slick and gloss that not even water will stick to it.
Before PPS.. You could see the watermarks easily..
They have job sheet for each car and check list… That’s how the PRO perform the task.
After all the hassle and choosing between PPS vs Sierra Glow, finally got my Whitey PPS-ed, wanted to do a coating to my car so that it will protect the paint and it will still shine and easy to wash and maintain, that’s why I choose to PPS at Sunway. The whole process took around 6hrs+ to get it done. Sad thing was after I done the PPS it rain! I have to use water and wipe it again after that. Next time if you want to do PPS, remember to check weather report k!
1st Step: Car Wash to wash away the dirt and stain.
2nd Step: Wrap your car with tape to prevent rubber being PPS-ed.
3rd Step: Start doing the 1st round…
4th Step: Wash your car with warm water…
5th Step: Continue doing it for 2nd round…
Polarizing Lotion Step #1
Paint Protection Coating Step #2
Never Wax Again! Haha…
See my car shinny or not?
The whole process took me about 6hrs plus starting from 10.40am – 5.15pm, all I would say is it worth the money and time. If you wanted to do coating to your car, do consider PPS from Shine n Shield. Just tell them you came to know about this PPS from saimatkong and you will entitled for discount! =)
While the whole process you could op to go for shopping at Sunway Pyramid or Makan or Massage at the customer waiting area, there’s a massage chair!
Check out the owner Raymond 27 years old Ford!
Fill in the form below so that you will be able to enjoy some discount and they will be contacting you.
Address (Click here for the map)
No. 47, Jalan PJS 11/22,
46150 Subang Jaya, Selangor,
(603) – 5635 9933 / 5636 3737 (Tel)
If you wan to DIY you could purchase the sealant from them and follow the steps below.
Before you begin Application of PPS
* Shake the bottles well before use
* PPS is not a wax, therefore use it sparingly, over application of the product will create an oily/milky residue and… if this occurs keep buffing until it appears glossy… this could take some time depending on the amount of over application.
* Do not apply in direct sunlight.
* Do not apply the Step #2 Paint Sealant to non-painted plastic, matte rubber or rubber moldings, remove immediately if this occurs. It is advisable to cover those areas with marking tapes before applying PPS Step #2.
* The curing process will continue for 48 hours and the shine will deepen over this period.
* Avoid washing the surface for 48 hours with any type of soap or detergent or drive into heavy rain immediately after applications.
* 1 PPS kit c/w Step #1 and Step #2
* Clean wash mitt.
* Clean chamois / micro fibre towel
* Orbital buffer / application sponge
* 1 gallon of hot water and a bucket.
1. Carefully inspect the surface for any sign of brake dust, scratches, acid rain etch marks, paint swirls or other damage or imperfections.
2. Repair any damage or imperfections prior to applying the PPS
3. For oxidized or old surfaces make sure to bring the paint up to as good condition as possible before sealing with the PPS.
4. Make sure the vehicle is clean of all excess dirt and other debris before proceeding with the Step #1.
Step #1 Wash Solution
* Thoroughly mix the entire contents of the Step#1 with 1 gallon of warm/hot water.
* Rinse the vehicle with fresh water.
* Wash the entire surface with the wash solution using a clean wash mitt.
* Leave the Step #1 wash solution on the surface for approximately 10 minutes to allow the solution to purge the paint pores and charge the surface (the solution will appear hazy when ready to be removed)
* Rinse the Step #1 from the painted surface until the water runs clear and there is no more soap residue.
* Thoroughly dry the vehicle with a clean chamois / micro fibre towel making sure to dry seams, mirrors and molding where water can be trapped.
Step #2 Paint Sealant
* Put a small amount of product (size of a silver dollar) to an application sponge or 2 – 3 circles of product onto a terry cloth bonnet with an orbital buffer.
* Apply the product to the surface in a circular overlapping motion working on a 2 – 3 foot section at a time until the entire vehicle is covered.
* Make sure to leave the Step #2 on the vehicle at least 15 minutes.
* Going back to where you started applying the Step #2, using a clean soft cloth / micro fibre towel / orbital buffer with a clean terry cloth bonnet start removing the product in the same manner as you applied it. You are done.